Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Maths Week - Scale drawings


Last week we had a all math's week. Our focus was scale drawings and this was my second time doing this. We had to look for a picture we wanted to draw. I deiced to draw Lisa from the Simpsons. We had to make sure that when we draw our picture on our enlargement piece that the squares match the smaller version and looks like the actual picture the ratio was 1:2. I ruled 1 centimeter lines on our original piece and on my enlargement I ruled 2 centimeter lines.  I found drawing it square by square hard because you had to make sure everything was in the correct place. Coloring in our enlargement and darkening the outlines was the best part for me. Next time if I could change it I would shape the head and eyes differently because the don't look like the original piece. This years scale drawing is better than last years scale drawing probably because I have had experience doing this last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment